Saturday, August 11, 2012

Born and Raised

All of john Mayer's past work has been nothing but horrible music to my ears so unsurprisingly when his new release came out it was of no huge thought to me.  But last Monday for some reason "Queen of  California" off of "Born And Raised" came on one of my Pandora stations and I was shocked to find it was John Mayer.

As I said before all of his past work has not been my thing and his try at a blues trio was so bad its hard to describe in words but on his new album John has really seamed to have outdone himself.  Its a total 360 from anything he has done in the past and its done very well! Hes changed his vibe you could say to this more singer/songwriter acoustic sort of thing.  I really really dig it.  He has simplified his work very much and has created an album for every listener and something that really sets a mood.

The new album titled "Born And Raised" is a delight to listen to.  His music has taken a lot of depth with this record and there is much more of a mood for this album. Over all it feels much more "real".  "Shadow Days" was the first single off this record and its a good song but by far not the best on the album.  My favorite song is "Queen of California" but "Born and Raised" and "Love is a verb" are also fantastic songs.  The flow of this album is second to none and mix and production are flawless.  This record is laid back and easy to relax to but if you listen to the lyrics they have a lot of meaning and are very deep.  This is new for him.  His past albums have never been this soft or deep.  Some songs needed more work and songs like "Age of Worry" should not have even been on the record.

Over all this is a fantastic record and is my favorite album this year by far.  It's just great.  No question about it.  I would suggest this for any one.  this album is very different than any of his other work and he really went above and beyond any of his past works with this album.

No comments:

Post a Comment